Congrats on your engagement! Our pastor, Fr. Tim Rudolphi, and our engaged couples ministry team stand ready to guide you as you prepare to celebrate the Sacrament of Marriage in the Catholic Church. Couples seeking to be married at the Church of St. Patrick should first contact our Sacramental Prep Coordinator Brian Hefer no less than six months in advance to obtain a copy
of our wedding brochure. This brochure will answer many of your questions about planning a
wedding at St. Pat's. After reviewing the brochure, contact Fr. Tim Rudolphi directly to schedule
a personal meeting.
Pre-Marriage Basic Requirements
(These requirements will be explained in greater detail when you meet with Fr. Tim.)
- Contact Sacramental Prep Coordinator Brian Hefer for a copy of our Wedding Brochure.
- Schedule a personal meeting with Fr. Tim Rudolphi.
- Work with an assigned, trained couple from the parish's PREPARE program.
- Participate in a pre-marriage retreat. Submit your certificate of completion to Fr. Tim to receive a notarized document that qualifies you for a discount when you apply for your state marriage license.
- Fill out and submit marriage-related papers included in the packet provided by Fr. Tim during your initial meeting.
- Meet with our environment coordinator early in the your planning process and correspond with our wedding coordinator - both of whom are responsible for the logistics of your rehearsal and ceremony.
- Contact Brian Hefer to complete an Archdiocesan Prenuptial Questionnaire. Each Catholic party should bring along a copy of a newly issued baptismal certificate requested from the church of baptism within the past six months. For non-Catholics, bring a copy of a baptismal certificate or a letter from the church of your baptism.
- Meet with the Director of Music & Liturgy, to plan music, readings and prayer petitions for the wedding ceremony.We will prepare and provide the program for your wedding that includes: the Order of Worship, music (including copyright permissions), a list of participating ministers and wedding party members, and any additional info from the bride and groom.
- Review the wedding ceremony with Fr. Tim.
- Submit state marriage license paperwork to Lynda Mader one week before the ceremony.
- Attend a wedding rehearsal coordinated by the parish wedding coordinator.
Visit our Mahon Center Facility Rental page for background info on how you can rent our social halls and other facility space for related events such as: bridal showers, groom's dinner, reception, gift opening.
Here's what Pope Francis had to say about engaged couples and taking time to get to know each other and being open to God's surprises (May 27, 2015).